Monday, April 23, 2012

The One with San Francisco

We went to San Francisco.  Did we leave our hearts there?  Hmmm...not sure yet.   I get butterflies when I think of all the adventure and possibility.  I know there would be hard days.  But I think they would be a different kind of hard days.  Challenges that I would relish in.  But maybe I have rose colored glasses.

Anyway...more about our visit...

We drove every where.  From the airport through San Mateo to Burlingame.  Into Milbrae and then onto the ocean side.  We saw amazing views in Pacifica.
If we had not just had lunch (at a fabulous local place http://www.yelp.com/biz/charlies-taqueria-san-mateo) I would have had Taco Bell.  Just.For.The.View.

This isn't the exact Taco Bell view...but so close.
 Then we drove into the city...from the coast side.  We went through Daly City, by the zoo and into the Sunset area.  None of which was extremely nice.  But still so fun to see this part of the city.

Then we headed toward our hotel via Cole Valley, Buena Vista and Noe Valley.  We loved these cute little neighborhoods.  But traffic in some areas was a little treacherous.  We finally made it to our hotel.    AB had been on a week long trip prior to meeting here and the Marriott had given him two doubles every time.  So he used this to get us a Jr Suite.  It was super nice...and it was the same hotel that Julie and I had stayed in a few moons ago. 

After a little relaxing, we headed out for dinner.  AB had recently been on a beer/food tour of San Francisco for work..(at least that was BS he was feeding me at the time).  He picked a few places and asked which one I wanted to go to.  I picked Delarosa.  http://www.yelp.com/biz/delarosa-san-francisco  Good choice!  One of the best meals I've had in a long time.  It's in the Marina/Cow Hollow area which is super cute.  Clothes shops, wine shops, bars and restaurants.  Love it!  We looked around a book store while we waited for our table.  Then we headed to a cute little wine bar.  http://www.yelp.com/biz/california-wine-merchant-san-francisco  We had our glass and then they called us for dinner.  

At Delrosa we had the Arugala & Fennel salad,  Pappardelle napoletana (pasta with pulled pork) and Funghi
misti pizza.  It was all so good.  I'll be thinking of this food for a long time!  Super YUM!

We took a long bus ride home...I think I even fell asleep on the bus.  :)

The next day we drove some more.  Oakland (Rockridge), Lafayette, Walnut Creek, Concord, Richmond, San Rafael and then Mill Valley....ahhh...Mill Valley.  Maybe I left my heart there.  Back to the hotel and then Sushi.  http://www.yelp.com/biz/ryokos-japanese-restaurant-and-bar-san-francisco  Yum! Yum!

We had breakfast (I won't mention the place...not worth the effort) on Monday morning and then AB had to work.  I did some shopping and then met him for lunch.  http://www.yelp.com/biz/palomino-san-francisco-san-francisco#query:palominos  Yum!   A little more shopping and took a nap while waiting on his return.

Once he got back to the hotel, we took off for a little shopping and a hunt (with no real direction) for our last dinner in San Fran.  We walked through Chinatown and got the boys some chopsticks.  We made our way through Little Italy and opted for another Italian meal.  http://www.yelp.com/biz/caffe-baonecci-san-francisco It has another name on the door...which I can't remember.  We had the house wine, some pasta and some pizza.  Yum! Yum!

We headed for bed pretty early since we had to get up around 330a for our flight.

I can't wait to see what the future holds for us.  No matter what, San Francisco we will see you again!

No comments:

Post a Comment